South Central KY's First Choice for Battery Jump Starts
Battery Jump Starts for Any Vehicle Anywhere in South Central KY
Dead battery? We can help right away. Any vehicle. Anywhere in Glasgow, Bowling Green, and all South Central Kentucky.
Call now and we’ll send an experienced, certified technician to get to assess your dead battery.
They will have industry-best jump start equipment, safe, effective and able to reach any vehicle battery in any position.
Will a Battery Jump Start Get My Vehicle Going?
You’re at that dreaded moment where your car or truck doesn’t start. Is it the battery? The starter? The alternator?
Battery – In most cases, your car battery is going to be the reason your vehicle won’t start. That’s a good thing because it’s the easiest and cheapest problem to fix.
The majority of car batteries are made to last four to five years. They are not made to hold a charge for long. They are recharged by your car’s alternator while you drive.
Over time, the internal parts of a battery corrode and its ability to hold a charge is compromised, which in turn compromises a vital component to your car or truck, as it provides power to the starter and electrical system when the car is not running.
Signs the Battery is Dead:
- When you attempt to start the car, there is a low whining sound.
- If a jump start gets your vehicle started and running, but it will not start once you turn it off, the battery is most assuredly the problem. The alternator is doing its job of keeping the battery going once it has been jumped, but the battery can’t hold a charge when the alternator is shut off.
Alternator – A dead battery is a sign that something may be wrong with your vehicle’s alternator. When your battery is good, and the alternator isn’t working, it will still lose its charge because the alternator isn’t keeping it charged. So, you’ll want to check for these warning signs to determine if it’s the battery or the alternator.
Signs the Alternator has Failed:
- You’ll often hear a groaning/rumbling sound right before your alternator goes out.
- You smell burning rubber or hot wires that come from your alternator overheating.
- You notice that your headlights or dash lights flicker.
- If you jump start your car and it will start, but the engine dies right after the jump then it is most likely the alternator.
Starter – Your starter is vital to your car because it is responsible for starting the engine. The battery sends it a jolt of electricity, which the starter uses to turn the engine over and get it to start.
Signs the Starter has Failed:
- You’ll often hear a clicking sound when you turn the key.
- The car won’t start, but the dash lights are on.
- Jump starting your car or truck does not turn over the engine at all.
If your car will not start and you think you have a bad battery, alternator, or starter, give the helpful team at CTS Towing & Recovery a call. We will send over an experienced technician who will make a quick, accurate assessment of the situation.
If your vehicle merely needs a jump, we have best-in-class Startall portable jump starters capable of starting any vehicle quickly and safely.
If it’s another problem we can tow it to your local mechanic to get fixed.
Our Service Area
Fast Professional Light, Medium & Heavy Duty Towing, Roadside Assistance and Mobile Truck Repair to Every Highway in South & Central Kentucky
3 Locations in Southeastern KY for Quick Help with all Your Towing & Roadside Assistance Needs
We have 3 locations conveniently located in Southeastern KY, all with easy access to I-65. This allows us to reach you quickly when you have a vehicle emergency.
101 Porter St, Glasgow, KY 42141
128 W Estes Cave City, Ky 42127
2545 Blue Level Rd Bowling Green, KY 42101